Well, once installed ACFS Cluster File system, continues installing to the graphical Oracle Golden Gate Product.
Before starting this task, I recommend that check the following links. Good, let’s start.
- Download the software OGG.
- Create the OGG paths.
cd /ggate mkdir -p /ggate/OGG/11.2.0/$ORACLE_SID mkdir -p /ggate/OGG/STAGE
- Move the file V861007-01.zip to the shared file system and unzip the file.
mv V861007-01.zip /ggate/OGG/STAGE cd /ggate/OGG/STAGE unzip V861007-01.zip
- Set the X variables and execute the OGG installation.
cd fbo_ggs_Linux_x64_shiphome export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0 export $OGG_HOME=/ggate/OGG/11.2.0/$ORACLE_SID ./runInstaller
Note Tip: You have the option to realize the silent mode installation. Check Here OGG Silent Mode
- Select the Database Version Button (we choose the 11g, because we’ll replicate between 11g and 12c)
Remember, it depends on the site where you install the OGG binaries, you need to choose the adequate version supported by your database.
- Complete the fields:
- Software location: $OGG_HOME , here you need to input the path, where you’ll install the OGG binaries.
- Start Manager Check: If you check here, when you finish the installation, the Manager OGG process start
- Database Location: $ORACLE_HOME
- manager Port: The port used by OGG (Remember to enable the firewall rules)
- Click on the Next button.
This screen could appear, So if you check the correct FS and all its right, you can continue without problems.
- Click on YES, if you can install the Cluster File System and create the $OGG_HOME without problems.
- Verification of the paths and Details.
- Click on the Install button.
The progress bar indicates the steps that are running in the background.
- Oracle Golden Gate was installed.
Now, login on the OGG to test if the Manager its works.
- Set the variables.
$ export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/dbhome/126.96.36.199/ $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
- Login and execute info all commands.
$ ggsci Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle Version 188.8.131.52.2 OGGCORE_184.108.40.206.0_PLATFORMS_170630.0419_FBO Linux, x64, 64bit (optimized), Oracle 11g on Jun 30 2017 14:42:26 Operating system character set identified as UTF-8. Copyright (C) 1995, 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. GGSCI (exa2adbadm01) 1> GGSCI (exa2adbadm01) 2> INFO MANAGER Manager is running (IP port exa2adbadm01.7809, Process ID 41704). GGSCI (exa2adbadm01) 3> info all Program Status Group Lag at Chkpt Time Since Chkpt MANAGER RUNNING GGSCI (exa2adbadm01) 4> exit
Are you ready for the configuration?
Juan Andres Mercado | Oracle DMA
2 thoughts on “Oracle Golden Gate on Exadata | Install OGG on ACFS”
Comments are closed.