Good Morning Guys ! I am started on a new challenge, and my articles will be write in English Mode, because the best part of my public, and messages that I receive every day are from India, England, USA and many countrys from world.
I love the Community and promess continuing givin support and answers to a lots of mails on Spanish that I receive every week. Let’s start!
|Oracle Golden Gate||18.104.22.168.2|
|Exadata Image Version||22.214.171.124.6.170713|
|Oracle Grid Infrastructure||126.96.36.199|
We’ll start with an summary of tasks that we need keep in mind to start with confguration and installation of Oracle Golden Gate on a RAC environment. It’s necessary :
- An a share file system, we choice ACFS (ASM Cluster File System) under grid infrastructure 12.1.0
- Oracle Golden Gate.
Creating and configuring ACFS on Exadata
When we working on an Oracle RAC environment, we must install an OGG on a cluster file system. As part of the architecture design, we choose the ACFS, but we could use NFS or DBFS.
My desicion was based on my experience with this FS and listening the council from others partners , that were used on ODA implementations.
Basically, my procedure are same that on Non Exadata Environments:
export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0 . oraenv asmca
On the next screen, we can see the name of the candidate DG.
Generally, we find typically three disk groups.
- We choose the DBFS_DG .
- Choose the Volume tab.
- Click the Create button to create a new Volume (remember that we need the OGG FS).
- Complete Create Volume.
- Volume Name: ogg_exa2a
- Disk Group: DBFS_DG
- Size: 80 GB (Realize the necessary Capacity Planning)
- Once the creation’s process finish succesful you ‘ll see an similiar screen.
- Check if the Volume and Volume device are rigth.
- Now, after the Volume was created, its necessary create the ACFS.
- Choose the ASM Cluster File Systems tab.
- Chosse the Create button, at bottom.
- Complete the fields (pay attention on Mount Point, must be exist before execute the mount command).
- Remember choose the FS created on the last step.
I love check some steps on background and review the oracle logs.
It’s not necessary, but I love them =D
- Great ! Now, you need execute the following script as root or some user that have the enough privileges.
- Here, the command execution in the firt node only, and the output.
- Good ! Here the screen with ACFS is mount !
Now, we are ready to start with the Oracle Golden Gate installation.
See you on the next Step ! Install OGG on ACFS
Juan Andres Mercado | Oracle DMA